GNS3 Lab & Exercise: OSPF Case Study & Lab Scenario 2Written by LBSources from http://www.gns3-labs.com on June 19th, 2010 | 5 Comments
How are we doing? I’m continuing on working to complete this lab book and all the labs
This is another OSPF related lab from the Cisco Networking Academy Lab Portfolio. No EIGRP or other protocols involved. This lab involves the use of sub-interfaces, which changes your frame-relay statements – watch out and don’t get too confused
I perform all of these labs on my own using my own knowledge and experience (warning and disclaimer). They may very well be implemented differently than a method you might choose. So long as it meets the requirements and works, essentially it’s acceptable (In my feeble opinion). But if you notice a terribly or complicated method used by me to achieve the goals and you feel yours is much easier, makes sense or is the standard; please do share – I’m always open to learning
As mentioned before, these labs come from below. If you use the link below and purchase this book – you help me pay hosting bills
Plan, design and implement the International Travel Agency network shown in
the diagram, and described below. Verify that all configurations are operational
and functioning according to the guidelines.
The International Travel Agency needs its core network set up for OSPF with
the specifications indicated in the diagram and shown below.
- Use the addressing scheme shown in the diagram.
- Use OSPF with various networks shown in the diagram.
- Configure the OSPF backbone area to be on Loopback0 on Headquarters.
- Configure the Frame Relay subnets as point-to-point subinterfaces. The link between Headquarters and East should be in area 100, and the link between headquarters and West should be in area 300.
- Area 300 should be configured as an NSSA.
- Configure East’s loopback interfaces to be in area 200. Summarize this area with the most efficient summary.
- Redistribute the loopback network on West into OSPF.
- Create virtual links as necessary for full connectivity.
- Make sure that all loopback interfaces get advertised with the correct subnet mask.
Routers Used:2691(Any router type should be fine)
Feature of Topology: OSPF, Redistribution, Summarization, NSSA, Point-To-Point, Sub-interfaces, Virtual-links
Enjoy .. LBS
P.S. If you would like to donate for the time it takes to do all of this, feel free to use the link below. Thank you in advance for any contribution you make43,301 views